Maybe I should keep a ‘Happy Notebook’ as I’m the kind of person who gets her happiness from all the little things that happen in life. Just like this morning there was a random stranger who approached me, because he was acquiring people for some good cause. I wasn’t interested in the cause, but because apparently he liked me and thought I was cute, but also a bit keen and sharp-witted, he offered me a job instead. His enthusiasm was very contagious, so I became happy as well and gave him my phone number. I don’t think I’d like to do that kind of job, but because this guy was really nice and I already declined helping him with cause, I just couldn’t say no to the offer. In short: It was so cool how enthusiastic, and not in a fake way, this guy could talk about what he found important. I really like it if people can be so impassioned that way; he was shining! I must admit, I’m not always nice to those people who are standing on the streets trying to find people to acquire them for a good cause, but with this guy I just couldn’t get irritated.
He really made my day and my day was only just beginning!
– One slice of toasted whole-wheat bread with metworst
– Two slices of whole-wheat bread with ham, low-fat cheese and lettuce
– Ben&Jerry: Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream. I’m not sure if these kinds of promotion exist in other countries besides the Netherlands too, but the deal was this: With a link on Facebook you could vote if Ben&Jerry’s would come to your city to distribute free ice cream and they’d come to the ten cities with the most votes. After sharing that message on my own Facebookaccount and encouraging friends to vote for it, the town where I study was included in the top ten! Coincidentally my hometown was also included in the top ten, but as I was studying today at my faculty I decided I’d just go for some ice cream after my studies with friends there. Can you believe it was actually the second time in my whole life that I’d eaten Ben & Jerry’s ice cream? Shame on me, I know. The previous time I had ‘Cookie Dough’, but I have to say that this Chocolate Fudge Brownie is so much better.
– A half roti and a bit of rice with masala eggplant, chicken and potatoes
– One slice of toasted whole-wheat bread with a mix of dark and white chocolate sprinkles
– A bowl of yogurt with peach and muesli with raisins and apple
– One mug of cafe au lait with soy milk and a sweetener
– One cup of hot chocolate
– One glass of clear lemonade, grenadine flavor
– Two mugs of Japanese cherry green tea