Usually I have to buy this coffee for 2 euro’s and 40 cents at the Douwe Egberts Cafe at our faculty, which I find quite expensive. Then what to do? Just not drink it and keep dreaming about Mellow Morning? Are you kidding me?? If it’s too expensive to buy, then I’ll just make it on my own! It’s not even that ‘special’ in my opinion, so I don’t quite understand the high price at that cafe. My homemade tastes better anyway, so there.
- 250 ml soy milk. Normally ‘Mellow Morning’ is made with regular cow milk, but since I’m lactose intolerant I use soy milk instead.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Heat the milk in a mug in a microwave or in a pan on a stove. Soy milk has a lower heating point than regular cow milk so don’t lose sight of it if it’s your first time heating it. Stop heating it as soon as it starts to boil. You may have to remove a layer of cream that has arisen on the milk.
- Add the instant coffee and the honey.
- Have a taste of royal bliss and enjoy your homemade Mellow Morning!
Disclaimer: I wish I’d been the one who had made this lovely latte art, but sadly the credits go to the barista at Doppio, a coffee cafe that’s close to our faculty that I sometimes visit with friends. I had this white chocolate cappuccino some time ago and though I don’t always see the barista adding latte art into coffee he does do it always when I order some. A new way of flirting perhaps? Well, it works for me!