Today my cousin and his mother will come to visit us, as my cousin was in Suriname for the past three months for his minor. I’m so jealous! I want to go to Suriname too! It’s ridiculous I’ve never been there; my parents were born there so how is it possible that I’ve never even been there once?
After my mother moved to the Netherlands when she was 13 she never once returned, not even for a vacation. My father moved to the Netherlands when he was about 27 years old and he did return once, but no more.
Please bring me there too! I want to know where my roots lie.
– One whole-wheat mini-baguette with corned beef and piccalilli sauce
– See my post here to see what food my parents and I made today. I ate it. A Lot. I didn’t even count it.
– One mug of café au lait with soy milk and a sweetener
– Two glasses of orange juice
– Numerous cups of açai green tea
– A glass of green Fernandes, a soft drink from Suriname. I usually don’t drink soda, but it’s nice to drink it once in a while with company.
– Numerous cups of chai tea with a dash of soy milk and sugar