Today I’ve classes so I won’t be eating my lunch at home. Not even my dinner actually, because I’ll be staying with a friend for the night, because we’ll be attending a medical conference which will end too late for me to go home.
I think you’ll notice that my eating, especially drinking, patterns are quite different when I’m not at home.
Luckily our school has a free coffee machine which I make use of A LOT.
Hey, I’m studying medicines! I need my coffee!
– A slice of ontbijtkoek
For lunch I made myself:
– Two slices of whole-wheat bread, with ham and fatless cheese
A surprise of a friend:
– A blueberry muffin. I don’t eat blueberry muffins that often, because most of the time I also have a chance to choose for chocolate-chip muffin instead and I, as a chocoholic, rather choose that one. Now I’ve seen, no that’s not correct: TASTED!, this lovely muffin I got from a lovely friend, blueberry muffins might become my no.1 instead.
– A slice of apple pie
– Whole-wheat ciabatta with smoked salmon
We actually wanted to have lasagne for dinner at the Hema, but they didn’t have those anymore when we arrived. It made me sad, so I tried to cheer myself up with some hot chocolate with vanilla.
– At the medical conference there was a break where a lot of foreign cookies and snacks were served which I wanted to try out. I ate a lot, but it just tasted so good! Oh my, I want to eat those again! I even took a plate with me, full of cookies, when the break ended to eat during the rest of the conference. I think I saw some people laugh at me… But hey, I was the one with the cookies! HA! Jealous much?
– One mug of café au lait with unsweetened soy milk and a sweetener
For lunch I prepared myself:
– A bottle of ‘clear’ lemonade
– Two cappuccinos from the free coffee machine are down!
– Hot chocolate with vanilla
See how little I drink when I’m not at home!